Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Today in History - May 8

1886 - Pharmacist John Pemberton first sells a carbonated beverage named "Coca-Cola" as a patent medicine (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

The Briefing: 03-16-16, by Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr (2016 Election, Coca Cola, LGBT, Political Science)
The Story of Coca Cola, by Rev. Roger Higginson [Text: Psalm 1:1-3]
Coca Cola, by Pastor Jonathan Campbell

1912 - Paramount Pictures is founded (Source)

Recommended sermon:

Should Christians Watch Movies? by Dr. David P. Murray

 [Note:The text for this sermon is Revelation 18:4 (Audio):

"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out of her, my people, my people, that ye be not partaker of her sins, and that ye share not in her plagues."

Recommended poems:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)