Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Daily Bible Reading for Tuesday, April 27, 2021

                                                                  Why don't you join me in my daily Bible reading? Each day, in addition to posting the new reading assignment, I also post links to related sermons. The websites that I use to guide me through these readings is oneyearbibleonline.comkingjamesbibleonline.org, and biblegateway.com/]

 For today, read:


Recommended sermons:

Gideons Few: Lappers Versus Grasshoppers, by Rev. Stephen Hamilton [Text: Judges 7]
A Cake Too Strong for the Lord's Enemies, by Dr. R. K. Paisley (1926-2014) [Text: Judges 7]
Falling at the Last Fence, by Rev. William McCrea [Text: Judges 8]


The following sermons are on Luke 23:39-43:

"And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

The Thief Who Was Lost, by Rev. Allen Murray
The Unrepentant Thief, by Rev. Reginald Cranston
The Saving Grace of a Dying Criminal, by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley (1926-2014)
The Thief's Last Theft, by Dr. David P. Murray
Christ's Amen to the Terrorist, by Rev. L. W. Bilkes


Recommended sermons:

The Presence of the Lorde in the Life of the Nations, by Rev. L.W. Bilkes [Text: Psalm 97]
Sing to the Lord, by Rev. David VanBrugge [Text: Psalm 98]

Recommended hymn is based on Psalms 98:



Recommended sermon:

Witnessing to the Backslider, by Rev. William McCrea [Text: Proverbs 14]

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)