Monday, July 4, 2016

Pentatonix Does Christmas Carols!

I first heard about the acapella group Penatonix when they came out with their version of Little Drummer Boy. Some time later I saw their video Daft Punk. The only thing I knew about Daft Punk was that they were a music group (a coworker, who is a fan of theirs, wears a Daft Punk Tee Shirt).

Anyway, one day when I was looking on You Tube for their version of  Little Drummer Boy I came across [Official Video] Daft Punk - Pentatonix. I was confused. I thought Daft Punk was a music group, not a song. So I asked my coworker/Daft Punk Fan if she was familiar with this video by Pentatonix and how it related to Daft Punk.

She was very familiar with it, and informed me that it was Pentatonix's tribute to the group Daft Punk.

Well, I came across another Christmas carol by Pentatonix - Mary Did You Know. Excellent!

I used to sing lead in a Barbershop chorus. Our group was a member of  The Society for The Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America (SPEBSQSA), although they have since changed their name to Barbershop Harmony Society.

I'm Not sure that Pentatonix is looking for new members (it might mess up their name!). But if you like to sing, and you don't mind (or even like to) sing without musical accompaniment, consider contacting  Barbershop Harmony Society.

Recommended reading and listening:

Satan Considering the Saints

Recommended podcasts:

Bono and U2 Epitomize Post Christian Culture - COEXIST, by Pastor Kevin Swanson
Bieber - A Believer or Just a Belieber? - Tattooed and Praising Jesus, by Pastor Kevin Swanson

Recommended movies:

The Cross and the Switchblade [in English]
The Cross and the Switchblade [in Spanish]

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)