Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Actor Jamie Foxx: "Give Honor to God and Our Lord and Savior, Barack Obama"

Jamie Foxx: "give honor to God and our lord and savior, Barack Obama"

The Bible says there is nothing new under the sun. In Acts 12 we read of a similar case where one of King Herod Agrippa's followers praises him:

"And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not god the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost."
Acts 12: 21-25

When this wicked actor, Jamie Foxx, called to 'Give honor to god and our lord and savior, Barack Obama,' as soon as Mr. Obama heard about it he should have immediately  spoke up and said, "I am not God, or Lord or Savior. Only Jesus Christ lays claim to those titles."

But since he did not, and since, unlike King Herod in Acts 12, he was not immediately struck down dead by an angel, it makes me wonder if Obama really is the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition, that the Apostle Paul talks about in II Thessalonians 2:3,4:

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped."

I don't know whether Mr. Obama is the Antichrist, but  the fact that he allowed such blasphemous praise to be offered up to him tells me that "There is no fear of God before [his] eyes!" (Romans 3:18).

So what should be the response of a Christian when they hear of such blasphemy.  I know what King David's response would be because he wrote about it in Psalms 139:19-22:

"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me, therefore, ye bloody men. For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. Do I not hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies."

One of the more popular 'praise' songs in Christian circles is based on Psalm 118:

"This is the day, this is the day that the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made,
We will rejoice, we will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it."

Perhaps in light of this recent blasphemy by actor Jamie Foxx, Christians should put away their 'praise books,' and start singing more out of the Psalter Hymnal.  They could begin with the hymn based on Psalm 139:

"The wicked thou wilt surely slay
from me let sinners turn away.
They speak against the name divine,
I count God's enemies as mine."

And yet, while there is life, there is hope, even for Jamie Foxx and Barack Obama. And so I would recommend they check out my post:

Mourn, God Might Hate You! Pastor John Reisinger Speaks on The Holiness of God

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)