Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Sermon for Today, January 20, 2013

Today is the Lord's day, the Christian Sabbath. As I try to do every Sunday, I want to encourage you to go to church today to worship our Lord Jesus and hear him speak to your soul. But I also recognize that there are some that are not able to make it to church, and so I always like to recommend a sermon for those people.

The sermon I want to recommend today is from Dr. David P. Murray:

A New Diet for a New Year

 No, this sermon has nothing to do with losing weight. The text for this sermon is Philippians 4:8:

"Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, thing on these things."

This sermon hit me hard. It made me take a hard look at what I post of this site, My Gospel Project. I'm not a minister (never been one, never will be one). But it is not only ministers who our Lord Jesus was speaking to when he said:

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." - Matthew 12:36,37

I look back on some of my recent posts (or 'reposts,' in some cases), and I compare them with Phillippians 4:8, and I have to wonder, am I being too negative? Here are some of my recent posts:

55,772,015 Abortions in America Since Roe V. Wade in 1973 - And Americans are Worried about the Economy?
Is Obama the Antichrist? I Say Yes!
Mark Levin: I Can Barely Contain My Fury at What is Going On!
Planned Parenthood Does 1 Abortion Every 94 Seconds
New Republican Math - $1 in Cuts for Every $41 in Taxes
Americans Stock Up on Guns to Protect Themselves - From their Government!
Hollywood Pushes Violence, Immorality and Gun Control!
The Pharisee, the Publican and the Sandy Hook Massacre
Russia's Pravda: America is Dead, and Obama is Laughing Over Its Grave!
Refuting Calvinism: And Defending it!
Mourn, God Might Hate You! Pastor John Reisinger Speaks on the Holiness of God
Some Thoughts on True Worship

And then there is my daily post, Today in the News, which is my own collection of headlines from various news sources - almost all of which are negative!

My Gospel Project is dedicated to spreading the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth. That Gospel is like a two edges sword: it is negative to those who reject it (Mark 16:16) and it is positive to those who embrace it (Mark 16:16). My goal in this website is to present both edges of that sword.

Nevertheless, I am going to relisten to Dr. Murray's sermon and take a good hard look at this site to see if I need to make any changes in future posts.

If you would like to listen to another sermon today, please consider listening to Pastor Joey Faust's sermon:

Not A Jezebel State Church


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)