Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Daily Spurgeon - January 17, 2013

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

"When Satan looks at the Christian, and finds him faithful to God and to his truth,  he considers him as we should consider a phenomenon - perhaps despising him for his folly, but yet marveling at him, and wondering how he can act thus. 'I,' he seams to say, 'a prince, a peer of God's parliament, would not submit my will to Jehovah. I thought it better to reign in hell than serve in heaven: I kept not my first estate, but fell from my throne. How is it that these stand?'" (Source: Spurgeon's sermon, Satan Considering the Saints)

"Recommended reading:


You can also listen to an audio recording of The Forgotten Spurgeon on Sermonaudio.com:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)