Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Daily Spurgeon for Thursday, November 13, 2014

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892):

"'What?' you say. 'Can God make me become a Christian?' I tell you, yes, for herein lies the power of the gospel. It does not ask your consent, but it gets it. It does not say, 'Will you have it?' but it makes you willing in the day of God's power...The gospel wants not your consent; it gets it. It knocks the enmity out of your heart. He makes your will turn around, and then you cry, 'Lord, save, or I perish.' 'Ah,' might heaven say, 'I knew I would make you say that!'"
 
Further recommended reading & listening:
The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon

Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
Spurgeon: The Child is the Father Of the Man
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)