Thursday, July 19, 2018

"Psalms, Hymns & Spiritual Songs" (Colossians 3:16) for Friday, July 20, 2018






Breath on Me Breath of God
Blest Be the Tie That Binds
I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Almost Persuaded
A Child of the King
God Leads Us Along
My People Give Ear (Based on Psalm 78
Stand Up Stand Up for Jesus
Standing on the Promises
Jesus Calls Us O'er the Tumult
Onward Christian Soldiers
O Master Let Me Walk With Thee

Recommended podcasts:

Why Johnny Can't Sing Hymns, by Pastor Kevin Swanson
Hymns and Heretics: The Danger of Uninspired Hymnody, by Rev. Brian Schwertley [Note: Rev. Schwetley makes the case for the exclusive singing of Psalms in public worship. You may not agree with him. He may even make you angry. But you won't be bored, and I think you will find his message very edifying!]


Photo by Joshua Earle on Unsplash

Recommended reading and hymnbooks:


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)