Monday, July 16, 2018

4 Thought-Provoking Quotes & Anecdotes for Monday, July 16, 2018

Photo by Filip Zrnzević on Unsplash
Thought 1:

"So much of the world's suffering results from the sinful action or inaction of ourselves and others. For example, people look at a famine and wonder where God is, but the world produces enough food for each person to have 3,000 calories a day. It's our own irresponsibility and self-centeredness that prevents people from getting fed." - Lee Strobel (Source)


Thought 2:

"After I set out to refute Christianity intellectually and couldn't,  I came to the conclusion the Bible was true and Jesus Christ was God's Son." - Josh Mcdowell (Source)

Thought 3:

"There were 2 boys playing one day when they got bored. Little Johnny turned to little Billy and said, 'I'm bored: Let's go to the candy store and steal some candy.' Little Billy said, 'Oh no! I can't do that! God is watching me!' Little Johnny replies: 'You mean to tell me that you believe there is a God up there watching everything you do so that one day he can punish you?' Little Billy says: 'No, I am telling you that I believe there is a God up there that loves me s-o-o-o- much, He can't take his eyes off me!'" -  From a church Bulletin

Thought 4 (From the Bible):

"If the world hates you, know that it hated me first." - John 15:18 (Audio)

Here are some sermons on John 15:18:

He That Hateth Me, by Dr. Carl McIntire (1906-2002)
The Holy Spirit Will Guide You, by Rev. Jan Neels


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)