Thursday, October 17, 2019

Did John Calvin Write The Five Points of Calvinism?



"That old truth that Calvin preached, that Augustine preached, that Paul preached, is the truth that I must preach today, or else be false to my conscience and my God. I cannot shape the truth; I know of no such thing as paring off the rough edges of doctrine. John Knox's gospel is my gospel. That which thundered through Scotland must thunder through England again." (From Iain Murray's The Forgotten Spurgeon)

If you're looking for a couple of short books on Calvinism, I strongly recommend The Five Point of Calvinism by Herman C. Hanko, and The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray.



Recommended sermons:

The Doctrine of Reprobation, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk [Text: Romans 9 (Audio)] [Canons of Dort, Article 15]
John Calvin: The Galleons of Grace (The Five Points of Calvinism), by Dr. Ian Brown [Text: Romans 8:29-30 (Audio)]
The Synod of Dort, Part 1, by Dr. Nick Needham
The Synod of Dort, Part 2, by Dr Nick Needham

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)