Thursday, October 24, 2019

Bible Reading for Thursday, October 24, 2019

The following Bible reading program is taken from the One Year Bible KJV. I have added sermons from Sermonaudio.com to each day's Bible reading. 

Jeremiah 42-47 (Audio)

Stony Ground Hearers, by Pastor Joel Overduin [Text: Jeremiah 42,43; Matthew 13]
Lex, Rex. or The Law and the Prince, #2, by Samual Rutherford (1600-1661) [Text: Jeremiah 43:10; Jeremiah 27:6-8]
The Power of Depravity, by Dr. James White [Text: Jeremiah 44]
Baruch's Choice, by Ian Macleod [Text: Jeremiah 45]
An Urgent Summons to Be Saved, by Dr. Alan Cairns [Text: Jeremiah 48:6]

2 Timothy 2 & 3 (Audio)

The Sovereignty of God, by Rev. William McCrea [Text: 2 Timothy 2]
William Perkins - A Plain Preacher, by Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson [Text: 2 Timothy 3; I Corinthians 4]

Psalm 92 & 93 (Audio) 

Living Close to God, by Rev. Kyle Paisley [Text: Psalm 92]
The Lord Reigns! Hallelujah!?  by Rev. Hans Overduin [Text: Psalm 93]

The following hymn is based on Psalm :

It is Good to Sing Thy Praises (Psalm 92)
Jehovah Sits Enthroned (Psalm 93)

Recommended podcast:

Do We Have the Right Conception of the Faith? Five Reasons Not to Sing the Psalms, by Pastor Kevin Swanson

Recommended reading:

Proverbs 26:3-8 (Audio)

Christian's New Friends, by John Bunyan (1928-1988). Note: This is an excerpt from John Bunyan's great book, Pilgrim's Progress.

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)