Thursday, February 18, 2021

Dolly Parton Gives America A Whole New Reason to Love Her

 Dolly Parton Gives America A Whole New Reason to Love Her - pjmedia.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Tennessee state legislators had filed a bill to erect a statue of Parton near the state capitol. The Country star declined. 'I want to thank the Tennessee legislature for their consideration of a bill to erect a statue of me on the Capitol grounds. I am honored and humbled by their intention but I have asked the leaders of the state legislature to remove the bill from any and all consideration...Giving all that is going on in the world, I don't think putting me on a pedestal is appropriate at this time."

----------------------------------------

My 2 favorite Dolly Parton songs - though I'm not sure who wrote them - are 9 to 5 and Deportee.

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)