Monday, June 28, 2021

Billy Graham Trauma Chaplains, Christian Groups, Bring Comfort to Distraught Families of 150 Missing in Florida Tower Collapse

 Billy Graham Trauma Chaplains, Christian Groups, Bring Comfort to Distraught Families of 150 Missing in Florida Tower Collapse - christianpost.com

-------------------------------

As Christians, our hearts and prayers are with the families and friends who lost loved ones in the Florida tragedy. But we must be careful not go be so eager to provide comfort that we go farter than our Lord Jesus would have us go. Here are two sermons I recommend in light of the current events:

How to Benefit From a Funeral, by Dr. David P. Murray

The text for this sermon is Ecclesiastes 7:2,3: "It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better."

Lies Told at Funerals, by Rev. Roger Higginson The text for this sermon is 2 Timothy 4:24 (Audio) and Ezekiel 33:7 & 8 (Audio): Here is the words of Ezekiel 33:7 & 8:

"So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand."


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)