Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Glenn Beck: Impeach Obama and GOP Stars

Glenn Beck: Impeach Obama and GOP stars:

"Media giant Glenn Beck is now calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama as well as some of the biggest names in the Republican Party for 'arming known terrorists.' Beck is reacting to a White House announcement Monday that waives part of the Arms Export Control Act to allow 'non-lethal assistance' to rebels in Syria. 'I called today for the very first time in my career … I personally am calling to impeach the president of the United States. This is impeachable. He is arming known terrorists, and people like John McCain should be impeached as well,' Beck said on his broadcast this week."

I have a "love-hate" thing going with Glen Beck (though I've never met the man!). I hate his religion - Mormonism. I not only see it as a cult, but some of its doctrines are highly offensive, even blasphemous, to genuine Christians (See my post: What Do Dr. Tim LaHaye and Glen Beck Have in Common?).

This really should come as no surprise to honest (and informed) Mormons, since their whole religion is based on notion that soon after Jesus' disciples died the church became apostate, and thus existed as a 'cult' for almost 1800 years until Joseph Smith started the Mormon Church in the 1800s. (Check out the podcasts: A Christian View of Mormonism; What Mormons Won't Tell You At The Door).

And while I can't go along with all of Glen Beck's ideas when it comes to politics, I do see eye to eye with him in this realm on a number of issues. In fact, if you were to do a survey of the news stories I link to on my Today in the News feature on this site, you'd probably find that I link to news articles in The Blaze (Glen Beck's Internet news magazine) about 50:1 over even conservative sites like foxnews.com (Although I do like Austin Cunningham's song, The Girls on Fox News!).

So, like I said, I don't like Glen Beck's religious beliefs (and he no doubt would not care for mine either! (see my blog post, What I Believe). But I do like his politics. And I especially like the fact that his news site (the Blaze) covers stories that the liberal press ignores or distorts (For a running chronicle of the news stories the left 'ignores or distorts, checkout Newsbusters.org).

Recommended reading:

theblaze.com

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)