Sunday, August 17, 2014

"I'm From the Government and I'm Here to Rewrite Your Sermon!"

I'm From the Government and I'm Here to Rewrite Your Sermon - wnd.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Imagine uttering the words 'pro-life' in your church and finding yourself targeted by an investigation from the feared and reviled Internal Revenue Service. An expert on the First Amendment conflict between pastors and the federal agency, which says it is investigating speech delivered from pulpits, confirms that’s possible. Daniel Blomberg, legal counsel for the Becket Fund, told WND a recent case brought by the Freedom From Religion Foundation against the IRS raises the prospect of investigations of pastoral speech. FFRF demanded that the IRS investigate sermons, focusing on certain politically charged 'code words.'”
---------------------------------------------

Recommended sermon:

When Government Tries to Be God, by Dr. David P. Murray
The Roman Road to Salvation, (my post)
Not a Jezebel State Church, by Pastor Joey Faust


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)