Thursday, December 22, 2016

Bible Reading for Thurday, December 22, 2016

There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. Here is a really good one:  Read the KJV Bible in One Year. For today, why don't you read along with me Chapter 1-5 in the book of Amos.

Special verses and sermons:

Here is a sermon on Amos 1:3-2:12:

God as Judge of the Whole World, by Rev. John Koopmans

Here is a sermon on various verses from Amos 2-4:

Prepare to Meet Thy God, by Pastor Ralph Ovadal

Here is a sermon on Amos 2:13:

Sin is Burdensome to God, by Rev. Ian Brown

Here is the text for this sermon:

"Behold, I am pressed under you, as a cart is pressed that is full of sheaves." - Amos 2:13


Here Are 2 sermons on Amos 3:3:

Revival Men: Vance Havner, by E. A. Johnston

Preparation for Revival, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)

Here is the text for this sermon:

"aCan two walk together, except they be agreed" - Amos 3:3

Here is a sermon on Amos 3:8:

Amos 3, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk

Here is the text for this sermon:

"The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?" - Amos 3:8

Here is a sermon on Amos 4:10:

A Sword Descending, by E. A. Johnston

Here is the text for this verse:

I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword, and have taken away your horses; and I have made the stink of your camps to come up unto your nostrils: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD." - Amos 4:10

Here is a sermon on Amos 4:11:

Quenching the Devil's Fire, by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley

Here is the text for this sermon:

"I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD." - Amos 4:11

Here is a sermon on Amos 4:12:

Prepare to Meet God, by Dr. David P. Murray

Here is the text for this sermon:

"Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel." - Amos 4:12

Here is a sermon on Amos 5:18-24:

Pastor Amos Confronts Cold Formalism, by Rev. John Koopman




 Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible Daily. 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)