Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Bible Reading for Tuesday, December 6, 2016

There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. Here is a really good one:  Read the KJV Bible in One Year. For today, why don't you read along with me Chapter 23 & 24 in the book of Ezekiel.

Special verses and sermons:

"That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them. Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths. For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house." - Ezekiel 23:37-39

Here is a sermon from Ezekiel 23:37-39:

A Warning to Professors, by Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)

"So I spake unto the people in the morning: and at even my wife died; and I did in the morning as I was commanded." - Ezekiel 24:18

Here is a sermon on Ezekiel 24:18:

An Heirloom to Posterity, by John Calvin (1509-1564)

"And the people said unto me, Wilt thou not tell us what these things are to us, that thou doest so?
Then I answered them, The word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Speak unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will profane my sanctuary, the excellency of your strength, the desire of your eyes, and that which your soul pitieth; and your sons and your daughters whom ye have left shall fall by the sword." - Ezekiel 24:19-21

 Here is a sermon on Ezekiel 24:19-21:

 When the Fire Kindled, by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley

Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible Daily. 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)