Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Today in History - September 5, 2019

1969 - My Lai Massacre: U.S. Army Lieutenant William Calley is charged with six specifications of premeditated murder for the death of 109 Vietnamese civilians in My Lai (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Hiroshima, Scorched Earth, and Nuclear Warfare - Why We Don't Kill Women and Children, by Pastor Kevin Swanson
The Union's War on Women and Children, by John Weaver [Text: Proverbs 11:16; Proverbs 12:4]

1978 - Camp David Accords: Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat begin peace discussions at Camp David, Maryland (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Jimmy Carter: 'Jesus Would Approve of 'Gay Marriage' - The Religion of Autonomy, by Pastor Kevin Swanson
Jimmy Carter Study Bible on Homosexuality: 'Jesus Never Said a Word About It', by Pastor Sean E. Harris [Text: I Timothy 3:16; Mark 7:21-23]

Recommended video:

Note: I was hoping to find a parody of Charlie Daniel's Song, The Devil Went Down to Georgia, that somehow featured former President Jimmy Carter. Couldn't find one, but I did find this one instead:

Liberals Went Down to Georgia (A Charlie Daniels Parody)

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)