Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Daily Bible Reading for Thursday, January 2, 2019

I'm going to be reading through the Bible (again!) in 2020, but this time - at my pastor's urging - I'm going to be doing it chronologically. In case you're not familiar with that concept, it simply means reading the Bible from the earliest chapters to the most recent.

And as I've been doing for several years now, I will be posting links to sermons for each portion of scripture. So why don't you join me? Make that one of your New Year's resolutions to read the Bible through at least one time in 2020 - and do it chronologically! [Note: The websites that I use to guide me through these readings is oneyearbibleonline.comkingjamesbibleonline.org/, and biblegateway.com/]

For today, read:


The Blood! The Shed Flood! The Precious Blood of Jesus! by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley (1926-2014)
Are You Walking With God? by Dr. Ian Brown


Humility of David, by Dr. David Elangovan [Text: I Chronicles 1:11-17]


Note: Many years ago I attended a Bible study on the book of Genesis. The pastor who was leading the Bible study said he wanted to go through every chapter in Genesis - but what really happened was this: We covered Genesis 1-5 in a very short period of time. And then we got stuck on Genesis 6, specifically, verse 2 which says,

"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." - Genesis 6:2

Here are some sermons on this admittedly difficult verse:

The Sons of God in Genesis 6, by Rev. John Greer
How Churches and Societies Degenerate, by Rev. Graeme Craig 
As it Was in the Days of Noah, by Rev. Gordon Dane

The following sermons are on Genesis 6:5:

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that all the imaginations of the thoughts of his mind are only evil continually."

Tulip Theology, Part 1, by Rev. Ian Goligher
Increasing Corruption on Earth, by Rev. Calum Iain Macleod

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)