Thursday, April 23, 2020

Today in History - Friday, April 24

1479 BC - Thutmose III ascends to the throne of Egypt, although power effectively shifts to Hatshepsut (according to the Low Chronology of the 18th dynasty (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Prospering in Egypt, by Dr. Joel Beeke [Text: Genesis 47:13]
Pharaoh - A Type of the Christ Rejecter, by Rev. Kyle Paisley [Text: Exodus 5:2]
The Doctrine of Reprobation, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk [Text: Romans 9 (Audio)] [Canons of Dort, Article 15]

1953 - Winston Churchill is knighted by Queen Elizabeth II (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

The following lectures are by Dr. Peter Hammond:


"Churchill was exhilarated. Six months later, after the first battle of Ypres, with tens of thousands of British soldiers in their graves, he would say to Violet Asquith: 'I think a curse should rest on me - because I am so happy. I know this war is smashing and shattering the lives of thousands every moment and yet - I cannot help it - I enjoy every second.'" -  Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick Buchanan

"Beware the victor's version. Wartime propaganda morphs into peacetime textbooks....think outside the box. Don't accept the official version. Ask why..." - Dr. Peter Hammond


1990 - STS-31: The Hubble Space Telescope is launched from the Space Shuttle Discovery (Source)

Recommended video:

Exclusive: Astronomy with Dr. Faulkner - Answers News: March 30, 2020



How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)