Friday, April 24, 2020

When I Was One and Twenty

"When I was one and twenty, I heard a wise man say,
'Give crowns and pounds and guineas, but not your heart away.
Give pearls away, and rubies, but keep your fancy free.'
But I was one and twenty, no use to talk to me."
- A. E. Housman, When I Was One and Twenty (As quoted in Webster's Dictionary of Quotations)

The Bible says:

"Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth; while the evil days come not, and the years draw neigh when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them." - Ecclesiastes 12:1 (Audio)

Here are some sermons on this verse:

Fatal Forgetfulness, by Dr. David P. Murray
The Best Days of Your Life, by David P. Murray
Words for Young People, by Rev. Colin Mercer
Remember Now Thy Creator, by Rev. Roger Higginson

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)