Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Biblical Noah

Noah's Ark Discovery Raises Flood of Questions - religion.blogs.cnn.com

Excerpt from this article:


"That faint humming sound you’ve heard recently is the scholarly world of the Bible and archaeology abuzz over the discovery of the oldest known Mesopotamian version of the famous Flood story.  A British scholar has found that a 4,000-year-old cuneiform tablet from what is now Iraq contains a story similar to the biblical account of Noah’s Ark."
-------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since I was a kid I have had this wish that one day Noah's Ark would be discovered. I still hope it is discovered in my lifetime, but it won't dampen my faith if it isn't. The Bible says "We live by faith, and not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7). No doubt one of the reasons God has kept us from finding Noah's Ark is because he knew people would either worship the ark itself, or break off pieces of it for relics to hang around their necks!


"What though the icy breezes, blow soft o're Ceylon's Isle;
Though every prospect pleases, and only man is vile?
In vain with lavish kindness, the gifts of God are strown,
The heathen in his blindness, bows down to wood and stone!"
- From Greenland's Icy Mountain

Recommended podcasts:

Has Noah's Ark Been Found? , by Ken Ham
The Biblical Noah, by Pastor Kevin Boling

Recommended reading (my posts):

Ken Ham Wins the Ham/Nye Debate Hands Down!
A Sign on the Back of Noah's Ark Reads: "Smile, God Loves You!"




How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)