Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ken Ham Wins Ham/Nye Debate - Hands Down!

I haven't had a chance to watch this debate yet - hopefully I will by this weekend. But I already can say that Ken Ham won. Ken Ham may not have convinced Bill Nye - or anyone else - that God exists and that evolution is a fairy tale. But what he did do was get the gospel broadcasts to millions of people.

It is good to be able to defend creationism to a non-believing world. But it is a mistake to think that you can 'argue someone into becoming a Christian.' And regardless of who 'scored the most points' in this debate, the gospel was heard by people who would not have otherwise heard it. The apostle Paul would pat Ken Ham on the back, and say (my paraphrase of Philippians 1:12): "Brother, the things which happened to you in this debate have fallen out for the furtherance of the gospel!"

The Bible Says:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

And one result of this debate is that I have added Ken Ham's Ministry (Answers In Genesis) to my list of organizations I ask my readers to donate to!

Although I would recommend any of Ken Ham's material to my readers, I would especially like to recommend the following:

Six Days and the Eisegesis Problem

Also recommended:

By the Way, Have You Had a Chance to Watch Ray Comfort's Video Evolution Vs. God?
Atheist Agrees to Attend Church of Highest Bidder
Evolution & Lies in the Textbooks


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)