Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Daily Spurgeon - Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

"Do you still refuse it? Then I must change my tone a minute. I will not merely tell you the message, and invite you as I do with all earnestness, and sincere affection—I will go further. Sinner, in God's name I command you to repent and believe. Do you ask me whence my authority? I am an ambassador of heaven. My credentials, some of them secret, and in my own heart; and others of them open before you this day in the seals of my ministry, sitting and standing in this hall, where God has given me many souls for my hire. As God the everlasting one hath given me a commission to preach his gospel, I command you to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ; not on my own authority, but on the authority of him who said, 'Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature;' and then annexed this solemn sanction, 'He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned.'"- From Spurgeon's Sermon Compel Them to Come In

Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)