Monday, February 24, 2014

Read the Whole Bible in 2014! Monday, February 24, 2014

I'm going to try to read through the whole Bible this year. Why don't you join me? There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. The one I chose is Read the KJV Bible in One Year. So for today, let's read 4 - 7 in the book of Romans.

Special verse(s):

Romans 4

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." - Romans 4:5

Romans 5

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" - Romans 5:1

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." - Romans 5:3-5
 
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: " - Romans 5:12

Romans 6

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" - Romans 6:1,2

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23

Romans 7

"For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man." - Romans 7:2,3

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." - Romans 7:18,19

"But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." - Romans 7:23-25

Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)