Saturday, January 4, 2014

Atheist Agrees to Attend Church of Highest Bidder


Atheist Agrees to Attend Church of Highest Bidder - christiannews.net


Excerpt from this article:

"The president of a South Carolina-based atheist organization is auctioning off the chance for her to attend church with her daughter. Eve Brannon, the president of Upstate Atheists, posted the offer on Ebay this week in an auction entitled 'Take an Atheist Leader to Church.'  'We will listen to the sermon, and I agree to be acknowledged as a guest,' she wrote in the description. 'I will speak to members of the congregation if you wish and what led me to the path I chose. I’m fine with speaking publicly, answering questions, or simply sitting in the crowd.'”
---------------------------------------------------

As soon as I read this I knew I had to do a post on it. And I knew just the quote I wanted to include in my post! The following is from an outstanding book by Dr. Michael Horton titled: A Better Way: Rediscovering the Drama of God Centered Worship)

"An advertisement keeps popping up for a new paraphrase of the Bible. It's a full page, color photograph of a woman who appears to be young, sophisticated, well educated, with a hint of cynicism. 'Pastor,' the caption reads, 'if you want to reach me, you better watch your language.' The inside cover elaborates: 'Distractied by deadlines and bills, this is the only time she takes to nurture her spiritual life. You can't afford to lose her attention when you reference Bible passages that are too lofty and obscure.' Why can't a good pastor respond, 'No, this isn't about making things comfortable for you...If you are too distracted by deadlines and bills to take any time outside this one hour a week for your faith, then you'll pardon me for not losing the rest of my congregation to the world just for you." 


Recommended reading and viewing (my post):

By the Way, Have You Had a Chance to Watch Ray Comfort's video Evolution Vs. God?
Evolution and Lies in the Textbooks

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)