Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lawyers Are Killing Themselves - But Why?

Lawyers Are Killing Themselves - But Why? - newser.com

"Overworked and burdened by a mix of worries unique to their profession, lawyers have a growing tendency to kill themselves—and bar associations are just beginning to grapple with it, CNN reports. Eight of the nation's 50 associations are trying to stop the pattern after South Carolina lost six lawyers in an 18-month period, Oklahoma had a spate of losing one a month, and Kentucky saw 15 commit suicide since 2010."
---------------------------------------- 

Question: What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the lake?
Answer: A good start!

Sorry! No one should ever joke about suicide, but I think America would be a better place if there were a lot less lawyers. 

"As a young lawyer
From the books that I'd read,
I thought justice and law were the same.
But I soon put such juvinile thoughts from my mind,

And I studied the rules of the game!"
- Author unknown

Recommended reading:

Prosac Nation: Young and Depressed in America, by Elizebeth Wurtzel
Mean Justice: A Town's Terror, A Prosecutor's Power, A Betrayal of Innocence, by Edward Hume

Recommended podcasts:
What Does the Bible Say About Suicide? Does God Forgive Suicide? - Part 1 by Michael Bohmn
What Does the Bible Say About Suicide? Does God Forgive Suicide? - Part 2 by Michael Bohmn
Why Are So Many Pastors Committing Suicide? by Pastor Sean E. Harris

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)