Monday, January 20, 2014

The Daily Spurgeon - Monday, January 20, 2014

Quotes by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)

"I love your meetings for prayer, you cannot have too many of them: but we must work while we pray, and pray while we work. I would rather see a man, who has been saved from the gulf below, casting life lines to others struggling in the maelstrom of death, than on his knees of that rock thanking God for his own deliverance; because I believe God will accept action for others as the highest possible expression of gratitude that a saved that a saved soul can offer." - Thomas Guthrie, as quoted in Spurgeon's Sermon Notes)

Further recommended reading & listening:

The Best of The Daily Spurgeon
The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iain Murray
A Defense of Calvinism - by Charles Spurgeon


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)