Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hawking's New Theory: 'There Are No Black Holes'

Hawking's New Theory: 'There Are No Black Holes' - newser.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Stephen Hawking helped develop current theories on black holes—but now, he's saying there aren't any."
---------------------------------------

My heart goes out to Dr. Steven Hawking for 2 reasons. 1.) Because he's a quadriplegic, and 2.) Unless he repents and trusts in our Lord Jesus Christ alone for his salvation, he is never going to know the truth about Black Holes.

No one can know what it is like to be a quadriplegic - except another quadriplegic. But if there is one person who can come close to understanding what it is like to be a quadriplegic it is his or her caregiver. I worked in healthcare for 9 years (3 years in a long term care facility, aka, nursing home, followed by 6 years in an acute care hospital).  When I was working at a public hospital I had a "side job" as a primary caregiver for a C-5/6 quadriplegic.  I did this for about 2 years, and then eventually handed off that responsibility to another caregiver so I could take on another "side job" doing agency work.

And so I can truly say I have empathy for Dr. Hawking.  But not just because he is paralyzed. I have empathy for him because if he dies without Christ he will be facing an eternity that will be much more horrible than what he has experienced here on earth.

But my heart goes out to Dr. Hawking for a second reason. I'm not a smart person. Or at least not in the sense that Dr. Hawking is. I dropped out of high school in the 11th grade. I took some college classes but never got a degree. But like Dr. Hawking, I have been blessed (and sometimes 'cursed!') with an incredibly curious mind. One of the reasons I enjoy blogging so much is it gives me an excuse to surf the Web looking for interesting stuff to write about!

But unlike Dr. Hawking, I fully expect to understand all the mysteries of the universe one day. Probably not the present universe, but the one that will come after it. The Bible says:

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are in shall be burned up." - 2 Peter 3:10

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new." - Revelation 21:4,5


Recommended reading, listening and viewing (for Dr. Steven Hawking):

New Record for Human Brain: Fastest Time to See an Image

How to Benefit from a Funeral, by Dr. David P. Murray

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)