Thursday, May 15, 2014

Coulter Tears into 'Feckless Idiot' Obama

Coulter Tears into 'Feckless Idiot' Obama - wnd.com

Video: Ann Coulter: How About Michelle Obama Hold a Hashtag: I Married an Idiot!"

I probably agree with Ann Coulter 90% of the time - maybe 95%! In fact, I have quoted her so much on my blog and linked to her books (Click Here!) so many time my readers might think I'm president of her fan club. I'm not a cheerleader for Ann Coulter (at least not in the sense that Rachel Maddow is a cheerleader for Barack Obama).

But I like her books and I agree with her opinion most of the time. In fact, my "Dream Team" for the 2016 Presidential election would include Ann Coulter, Michelle Bachmann and Sara Palin (with Ron Paul and Ben Carson as President and Vice Presidential Candidates!). I've read most of Ann Coulter's books and I'm currently reading: Never Trust A Liberal Over Three (Especially A Republican!.

But I don't always agree with Ann Coulter, and I don't agree with her calling President Obama a "Feckless Idiot." Call him a communist. Call him a traitor. Call him an impostor or a a radical anti-American Marxist. Those are all objective observations that can be proved in a court of law. But calling our President a "Feckless Idiot" is going too far!

Seriously, I really struggle with this issue - how do you blog against a president who you believe is out to destroy your country, without violating the Bible's prohibition on honoring those in authority?  The Bible says:

"Honor all men. Love the Brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the King." - 1 Peter 2:17

When we recite the Pledge of Allegiance, we don't say: "I pledge allegiance to the President!" No, we say: "I pledge allegiance to the flag," and all that the flag represents, including a government in which all our rulers - the President included - are obligated to obey the Constitution.

One of my favorite sermons is When Government Tries to Be God, by Dr. David P. Murray. In this great "Gospel-soul-winning" sermon, Dr. Murray tries to answer the question: What should Christians do when the Government tries to be God by forcing them to violate their Christian beliefs. In a nut shell, Dr. Murray echoes the Apostle Peter: "We ought to obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29).

But he prefaces his sermon by admonishing Christians to scrupulously obey and even honor their rulers in every way, the only exception being when a ruler "Tries to be God."  Why don't you take an hour and listen to this great sermon?
When Government Tries to Be God, by Dr. David P. Murray

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)