Friday, May 30, 2014

"Freedom of Choice is Cornerstone of Islam"

Suday on U.S. Citizen's Wife Sentenced to Death for Christianity: "Freedom of Choice is Central to ... Islam." - cnsnews.com

Excerpt from this article:

"In a statement on a Sudanese court's death-for-apostasy conviction of a Christian mother of two--who is the wife of a U.S. citizen--the Embassy of Sudan in Washington, D.C., said on its website "it is important to emphasize that freedom of choice is the cornerstone of both Islam and Christianity."
--------------------------------------------------

In the 18th century Charles Spurgeon talked about this freedom of choice in both Islam and Christianity. He said:

"Christ is meek, as opposed to the ferocity and bigotry of zealots. Take for example the false prophet Muhammad. The strength of his cause lies in the fact that he is not meek. He presents himself before those he claims as disciples and says: "Take my yolk upon you and learn of me, for I am neither meek nor lowly in heart; I will have no patience with you. There is my creed, or there is my scimitar. Death or conversion, whichever you please."

Recommended reading (my post)

What Muslims Fear Most: Smart Bombs and Smart Girls

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)