Friday, May 16, 2014

Rev. Graham: Christ's 'True Followers' Can't Endorse Gay Marriage, Regardless of What President, Media, Courts Say - cnsnews.com

Rev. Graham: Christ's 'True Followers' Can't Endorse Gay Marriage, Regardless of What President, Media, Courts Say  - cnsnews.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Rev. Franklin Graham, son of world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham, said that 'true followers' of Jesus  'cannot endorse same-sex marriage' regardless of what President Barack Obama, the Congress, the Supreme Court, or the media say about the issue, adding that marriage was 'settled by God Himself' and cannot be modified by man."
-------------------------------------------------------------

In the past I have blogged about Billy Graham and his evangelistic organization, and usually not in a favorable way (see my posts: Billy Graham, Pope Francis, and the Doctrine of Total Depravity, Is it Time to Label the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) a Cult?, Puff Graham Murray). And a podcast by Pastor Ralph Ovadal seamed to just reenforce what I already believed concerning the Grahams (See: Franklin Graham's Rock the River Abomination).

But the article I quoted from above makes me stop and consider whether I've been too harsh on Billy and Franklin Graham. At least Franklin Graham is willing to take a public stand against gay 'marriage', rather than just put their finger to the wind to see what is 'itchy ear' followers want to hear (such as World Vision and Jars of Clay).

Our Lord Jesus said:

"And John answered him saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us. and we forbad him because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part." - Mark 9:3-40

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)