Saturday, November 12, 2016

Bible Reading for Saturday and Sunday, November 12 &13, 2016

There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. Here is a really good one:  Read the KJV Bible in One Year. For today, why don't you read along with me Chapters 4-9 in the book of Isaiah.

Special verses:

"Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them." - Jeremiah 5:14

"Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this? A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?" - Jeremiah 5:29-31

Note: Here is a sermon on Jeremiah 5:29:  Our Nation Laid in God's Balance, by Dr. Joel Beeke

"They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace." - Jeremiah 6:14

Note: Here is a sermon based on Jeremiah 6:14 by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892):

A Blast of the Trumpet Against False Peace

"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein." - Jeremiah 6:16

Note: Here are 3 sermons based on Jeremiah 6:16:

Jeremiah's Call to Return to the Old Path, by Rev. Cornelis Pronk 
Our World at the Crossroads, Part 1, and Part 2, by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley

"The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved."- Jeremiah 8:20

Note: Here is a sermon based on Jeremiah 8:20: I Am Not Saved, by Dr. David P. Murray




Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible Daily. 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)