Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Bible Reading for Wednesday, November 23, 2016

There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. Here is a really good one:  Read the KJV Bible in One Year. For today, why don't you read along with me Chapters 42-45 in the book of Jeremiah

Special verses:

"Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate." - Jeremiah 44:4

Here are 2 sermons on Jeremiah 44:4:

Sin's Enormity, by A. W. Pink
A Most Abominable, Hateful Thing, by Rev Graeme Craig

"So that the LORD could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day." - Jeremiah 44:22

Here is a sermon on Jeremiah 44:22:

Full Orbed, Iconoclastic, Biblical, National, Covenanted Reformation

"Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth." - Jeremiah 44:26

Here is a sermon on Jeremiah 44:26;

Freedom of the Will: A Careful and Strict Inquiry into the Prevailing Notions - Jonathan Edwards on Calvinism and Predestination, by Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)

Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible Daily. 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)