Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Bible Reading for Tuesday, November 15, 2016

There are many different websites that offer reading plans to read the Bible in a year. Here is a really good one:  Read the KJV Bible in One Year. For today, why don't you read along with me Chapters 17-20 in the book of Jeremiah

Special verses:

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" - Jeremiah 17:9

Here are 2 sermons on this solemn verse:

The Heart of Man is Exceedingly Deceitful Above All Things and Desperately Wicked, by Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758)
The Deceiver Discovered and Denounced, by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley (1926-2014)

"Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." - Jeremiah 20:9

Here is a sermon on yet another solemn verse:

A Preacher Who Could Not Resign, by Rev. Stephen Hamilton


Note: If you have a reading disability that makes it difficult or impossible to read along with me this year, please consider going to Biblegateway.com and listening to the Bible. This is a great site with many resources, one of which is an audio version of the Bible Daily. 

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)