Thursday, October 26, 2017

Are You Prepared to Die?

Are You Prepared to Die? A sermon by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)

The texts for this sermon are: Jeremiah 12:5 (Audio):

"If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?"

And Hebrews 9:27 (Audio):

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"





Here is another sermon on death and dying:

How to Benefit From a Funeral, by Dr. David P. Murray

The text for this sermon is Ecclesiastes 7:2 (Audio) :

"It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart."

Recommended poem:

"I walked a mile with pleasure,
She chattered all the way.
But left me none the wiser,
For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with sorrow,
And ne'er a word said she.
But O the things I learned from her,
When Sorrow walked with me!"
- Robert Browning Hamilton

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)