Monday, October 16, 2017

The Best Gospel Verse(s) in the Bible!

There is a danger in 'cherry-picking' verses out of the Bible - that's where cults come from. But if asked what they thought was the best Gospel verse in the Bible, no doubt many would reply John 3:16 (Audio):

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

I would agree! But I would say that a very close second would be Isaiah 45:22 (Audio) :

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."

Here are some sermons on Isaiah 45:22:

The Universal Gospel Call, by Rev. Cornelis (Neil) Pronk
Christ the Exclusive Savior, by Rev. John Greer
Sovereignty and Salvation, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
Why Men Will Not Come to Christ, by Evangelist Rolfe Barnard (1904-1969)
Look Unto Me and Be Saved, by Dr. David P. Murray
Men of Revival: C.H. Spurgeon, by Evangelist E. A. Johnston
Salvation Plain and Simple, by Rev. Ian Brown

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)