Saturday, October 19, 2019

Today in History - October 19

1512 - Martin Luther becomes a doctor of theology (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

The German Reformer Martin Luther, by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley (1926-2014) [Text: Romans 1:16,17]
The Most Influential Man of the Millennium - Martin Luther Tops Secular List, by Pastor Kevin Swanson
Martin Luther: The Monk Through Whom God Shook the World, by Dr. Alan Cairns [Text: Acts 26, Romans 1:17]

1649 - New Ross town in Ireland surrenders to Oliver Cromwell  (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

Charles I and the Scotch-Irish, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 1,
Charles I: Tyrant and Oppressor, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 2,
Charles I: Tyrant and Revolutionary, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 3,
Charles I and the Westminster Assembly, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 4
Charles I and Oliver Cromwell, by Joe Morecraft III, Part 5

1914 - First World War: THe First Battle of Ypres begins  (Source)

Recommended sermons and podcasts:

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)