Sunday, February 9, 2020

What's the Devil's Position on the Lordship Salvation Controversy?


I don't recommend you ask the Devil for his opinion on anything. But if you were to ask him what his position was on the Lordship Salvation controversy, I think he would say...

"Yea, hath God said" (Genesis 3:1)..."Enter ye in at the straight gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth unto destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." (Matthew 6:13 & 14)

And the Devil would also say...

"Yea, hath God said" (Genesis 3:1).."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, Shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day Lord, Lord, have we not prophecied in thy name? and in thy name cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you. Depart from me ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23)

And the Devil would also say...

"Yea, hath God said" (Genesis 3:1)..."And why call ye me Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

And the Devil would also say...

"Yea, hath God said" (Genesis 3:1)..."But the citizens hated him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us." (Luke 19:14)

--------------

In case you're not familiar with the Lordship Salvation controversy, it can be summed up in the following question: Is it possible for a person to have Jesus as their Savior, and not as their Lord? If you would like an answer to that question, why don't you listen to the following sermon by Rev. Ian Brown:

Religion Without Regeneration: John Wesley's Testimony

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)