Friday, March 29, 2013

Remembering "The Cross and the Switchblade"

Scorsese Developing 'Gangs of New York' TV Series - Associate Press

I've never seen the move, 'Gangs of New York,' and I don't plan on watching the TV series based on this movie. But I have seen the movie 'The Cross and the Switchblade.' In fact, I've seen it many times. I used to play this movie over and over again when I worked as a chapel janitor in prison. And I wholeheartedly recommend this movie to everyone - but especially to young people who are involved in gangs.

The world is coming apart at the seams. America if facing economic disaster, wars on several fronts - including a civil war (see my posts, A Civil War is Brewing in America: Now 340 Sheriffs Refuse to Enforce Gun Control Laws, and White House to Sheriffs: Follow Law in Enforcing Gun Control Measures).

If you are young and invovled in a gang, before you lay down your life for your gang,  please watch this powerful movie:

The Cross and the Switchblade

And after you watch that movie, if you want more information on what life is really about, please listen to Dr. David Murray's sermon:

The Most Important Question and answer (or What Must I Do to Be Saved?)

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)