Thursday, May 21, 2020

Daily Bible Reading for Friday, May 22, 2020

Why don't you join me in my daily Bible reading? Each day, in addition to posting the new reading assignment, I also post links to related sermons. The websites that I u by se to guide me through these readings is oneyearbibleonline.comkingjamesbibleonline.org/, and biblegateway.com/]


For today, read:


The Final Contrast Between Saul and David, by Rev. Mark Kelderman [Text:1 Samuel 38, 31; 2 Samuel 1]
God's Promise Fulfilled: David Anointed King of Israel, by Rev. Mark Kelderman [Text: 2 Samuel 2, 3 and 5]


Jesus Communes With Lazarus, by Rev. L. W. Bilkes [Text: John 12]


The following sermons are on Psalm 118:22-24:

"The stone which the builders refused has become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORD's doing, it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the LORD hath made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."

Christ, the Rock of Salvation, by Rev.  G. R. Procee 
The LORD's Salvation, by Rev.  Foppe VanderZwaag
Commemoration at Calvary, by Rev. Ian Brown

The following hymns are based on Psalm 118:



The Eyes of the Lord, by Dr. Brian DeVries [Text: Proverbs 15]
God Sees You, by Rev. David VanBrugge [Text: Proverbs 15:3]
Christ is Keeping Watch, by Dr. Brian DeVries [Text; Proverbs 15]

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)