Friday, May 22, 2020

Daily Bible Reading for Saturday & Sunday, May 23 & 24, 2020

Why don't you join me in my daily Bible reading? Each day, in addition to posting the new reading assignment, I also post links to related sermons. The websites that I u by se to guide me through these readings is oneyearbibleonline.comkingjamesbibleonline.org/, and biblegateway.com/]


For today, read:

2 Samuel 2:12-6:23 (Audio)

God's Promise Fulfilled: David Anointed King of Israel, by Rev. Mark Kelderman [Text: 2 Samuel 2]
Died Abner as a Fool Dieth, by Rev. Thomas Martin [Text: 2 Samuel 3]
Righteous Judgment, by Pastor Robert McCurley [Text: 2 Samuel 4:1-12]
Doing God's Work God's Way, by Rev. William McCrea [Text: 2 Samuel 5]
A Blessed Hope, by Dr. David P. Murray [Text: 2 Samuel 6]

John 13:1-14:14 (Audio)

The True Significance of Foot Washington, by Rev. Stephen Hamilton [Text: John 13]

The following sermons are on John 14:1-3:

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself: that were I am there you may be also."

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
My Father's House, by Dr. David P. Murray 

The following sermons are in John 14:6:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me."

The Way to God, by Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
A Place Called Heaven, by Rev. Colin Mercer

Psalm 119:1-32 (Audio)

How Sweet Are Thy Words, by Rev. Colin mercer [Text: Psalm 119; I Timothy 3]

The following hymns are based on Psalm 119



The Eyes of the Lord, by Dr. Brian DeVries [Text: Proverbs 15]
God Sees You, by Rev. David VanBrugge [Text: Proverbs 15:3]
Christ is Keeping Watch, by Dr. Brian DeVries [Text; Proverbs 15]

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)