Friday, May 29, 2020

Daily Bible Reading for Saturday & Sunday, May 30 & 31, 2020

Why don't you join me in my daily Bible reading? Each day, in addition to posting the new reading assignment, I also post links to related sermons. The websites that I u by se to guide me through these readings is oneyearbibleonline.comkingjamesbibleonline.org/, and biblegateway.com/]


For today, read:

2 Samuel 15:23-17:29 (Audio)

Coronavirus and Psalm 3, by Rev. Pieter Van Ruitenberg [Text: 2 Samuel 15:1-17; Psalm 3]
David Returns to the Throne, by Rev. Mark Kelderman [Text: 2 Samuel 16 17 & 19]
Confounding the Wicked, by Pastor Robert McCurley [Text: 2 Samuel 17]
 

Caption at Calvary, by Rev. Ian Brown [John 19:19]

The  following sermons are on John 18:11:

"Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into thy sheath; the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?"

R C Sproul: The Princes Poison Cup - Pastor Kevin Boling interviews R C Sproul [Note: This interview took place in 2008; Dr. Sproul passed away into glory in 2017]
The Cup of Christ Consumed, by Rev. John Macleod
Christ's Cup, by Pastor Robert McCurley
Betrayal and Denial, by Rev. Calum Iain Macleod


How Sweet Are Thy Words, by Rev. Colin mercer [Text: Psalm 119; I Timothy 3]
The Word Gives Us Hope and Friends, by Rev. William McCrea [Text:  Psalm 119]

The following hymns are based on Psalm 119



A Dangerous Self Assessment, by Rev. Graeme Craig [Text: Proverbs 16]

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)