Saturday, August 10, 2013

Surge in Americans Giving Up Passports as Rules Loom

Surge in Americans Giving Up Passports as Rules Loom - Businessweek:

"Americans renouncing U.S. citizenship surged sixfold in the second quarter from a year earlier as the government prepares to introduce tougher asset-disclosure rules."

Although I have been very critical of our President on this site (possibly too critical; check out When Government Tries to Be God), I am not critical of America. I consider myself a Patriot and there is no other country on earth I would rather live. I think Americans who renounce their citizenship to protect their "assets" are making a serious mistake.

Recommended video:

God Bless the USA, by Lee Greenwood

Recommended reading /listening (my posts);

Patriotic Songs for July 4, 2013
Japan Marks 68th Anniversary of U.S. Atomic Bombing

Recommended (Patriotic) poem:

America the Beautiful, Or So You Used to Be, by the Honorable Judge Roy Moore


How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)