Thursday, November 28, 2013

Is Christianity Dying in Britian?

Is Christianity Dying in Britian? - realclearworld.com

Excerpt from this article:

"Like an Old Testament prophet telling the Israelites that they were doomed, Lord Carey has been warning Anglicans for years of their possible annihilation. The Church is “one generation away from extinction,” he declares. The reality is less dramatic, but the story is not altogether wrong."
--------------------------

British pastor of the 1800s Charles Spurgeon (1934 - 1892) would not be surprised at this news story. He would be saddened, but not surprised. He said once:

"That old truth that Calvin preached, that Augustine preached, that Paul preached, is the truth that I must preach today or be false to my conscience and my God. I cannot shape the truth. I know of no such thing as paring off the rough edges of doctrine. John Knox's gospel is my gospel. That which thundered through Scotland must thunder through England again!" (From The Forgotten Spurgeon, by Iaian Murray)

What England needs is less Richard Dawkins and more of That Old Time Religion!

Recommended reading (my post)

Christianity Declining

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)