Thursday, November 28, 2013

"I Work At McDonalds, But I Can't Afford to Eat There!"

"I Work At McDonalds, But I Can't Afford to Eat There!" - zerohedge.com

Excerpt from this article:


"For Shawndraka Mack, a 100% pay rise from her current $7.60 'would do just fine.' While some employees turn to blood plasma donation, and most are on food stamps (and other benefits), the mother of two teenagers (on Medicaid) told Bloomberg Businessweek, 'I love what I do, but I don’t want to work for nothing.' Between the 40 hours a week she works and the benefits, Mack explains, 'I work at McDonald’s and I can’t afford to eat there. It’s crazy'.”
----------------------

If McDonald's raises the wages of all their employees to $15 an hour, none of the rest of us will be able to eat there either. And then McDonald's will go out of business. And then all those workers at McDonald's would be out of work. That's the bad news.

But the good news is this: If McDonald's goes out of business, because they can't afford to pay their employees $15 an hour and still make a profit, that would leave a very big market to be filled by potential entrepreneurs who may want to start their own fast food joint. Of course, these entrepreneurs would want to pay their employees at least $15 an hour to start, so their burgers might be a little pricey!

----------------------

Companies Lay Off Thousands, Then Demand Immigration Reform to Bring in More Workers
McDonalds to Workers: Need Cash? Sell Your Stuff!

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)