Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Lord's My Shepherd, based on Psalm 23

Here are the words to this [paraphrased] Psalm:


 1  The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want.
    He makes me down to lie
    In pastures green; He leadeth me
    The quiet waters by.

 2  My soul He doth restore again;
    And me to walk doth make
    Within the paths of righteousness,
    Even for His own Name's sake.

 3  Yea, though I walk in death's dark vale,
    Yet will I fear no ill;
    For Thou art with me; and Thy rod
    And staff my comfort still.

 4  My table Thou hast furnished
    In presence of my foes;
    My head Thou dost with oil anoint,
    And my cup overflows.

 5  Goodness and mercy all my life
    Shall surely follow me;
    And in God's house forevermore
    My dwelling place shall be.
Source: cgmusic.org

You may be more familiar with the following hymn: Prayer is the Soul's Sincere Desire  (sung to the same tune)

Psalm 23 is probably one of the most familiar Psalms, and many people have written hymns based on it. One of my favorite is Surely Goodness and Mercy.


Recommended reading:

Previously recommended Psalms:

Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 18, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 16, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 15, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Thursday, April 14, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 11, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 9, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 8, 2016

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)