Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Thy Lovingkindness, lord is Good and Free, based on Psalm 69

Here are the words to this [paraphrased] Psalm:

Thy lovingkindness, Lord, is good and free,
In tender mercy turn Thou unto me;
Hide not Thy face from me in my distress,
In mercy hear my prayer, Thy servant bless.
Needy and sorrowful, to Thee I cry;
Let Thy salvation set my soul on high;
Then I will sing and praise Thy holy Name,
My thankful song Thy mercy shall proclaim.
With joy the meek shall see my soul restored;
Your heart shall live, ye saints that seek the Lord;
He helps the needy and regards their cries,
Those in distress the Lord will not despise.
Let Heav’n above His grace and glory tell,
Let earth and sea and all that in them dwell;
Salvation to His people God will give,
And they that love His Name with Him shall live.
Source: cyberhymnal.org

You may be more familiar with the following wonderful hymn (sung to the same tune):

Abide With Me

Recommended reading:

Previously recommended Psalms:

Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 25, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 23, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Thursday, April 21, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 18, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 16, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 15, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Thursday, April 14, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 11, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 9, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 8, 2016

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)