Monday, April 25, 2016

Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 25, 2016

O God, How Good Thou Art, based on Psalm 73.

Here are the words to this [paraphrased] Psalm:

O God, how good Thou art
To all the pure of heart,
Though life seems vain.
Burdened with anxious care,
I groped in dark despair,
Till in Thy house of prayer,
All was made plain.
Ever, O Lord, with Thee,
All shall be well with me,
Held by Thy hand.
And Thou wilt guide my feet
By Thine own counsel sweet,
Till I, for glory meet,
In glory stand.
In earth or Heaven above
Who is there that I love
Compared with Thee?
My heart may faint with fears,
But God my strength appears,
And will to endless years
My portion be.
O it is good that I
May still to God draw nigh,
As oft before.
The Lord Jehovah blessed,
My refuge and my rest,
Shall be in praised confessed
Forevermore.
Source: cyberhymnal.org

You may be more familiar with the following wonderful hymn (sung to the same tune):
 My Faith Looks Up to Thee

Recommended reading:

Previously recommended Psalms:

Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 23, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Thursday, April 21, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 18, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 16, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 15, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Thursday, April 14, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Monday, April 11, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Saturday, April 9, 2016
Recommended Psalm for Friday, April 8, 2016

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)