Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Pastor's Heart

I am not a minister or a pastor. I've never been one and I never will be one. But I like to think the Lord has given me a pastor's heart, and I find joy in pointing people to my Lord Jesus. One of the godly pastor's that I quote frequently from on this site is Pastor Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834 - 1892).  Please listen to what this man of God has to say to you;

"Where art thou, thou chief of sinners, thou vilest of the vile? My dear hearer, thou hast never been in the house of God perhaps these last twenty years; but here thou are, covered with thy sins, the blackest and vilest of all! Hear God's Word. 'Come, now let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as wool, and though they be red like crimson, they shall be as snow.' And all this for Jesus' sake; all this for his blood's sake! 'Believe in the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved;' for his word and mandate is, 'He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved and he that believeth not shall be damned.'" (From his sermon, Turn or Burn!)

For more sermons by godly pastors, check out my site, Gospel Sermons.

How I Found Christ?

 How I Found Christ? by Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)